Are you tired of paying ridiculously high phone bills? A lot of people are. That’s the main reason they get internet-reliant communication in place of traditional phones.
But as far as talking to people over the internet is concerned, there are so many that you can choose from. One of the more popular options is VoIP SMS Numbers. Having this, you get a range of upgrades that you have to pay a hefty additional cost for with telephone companies.
No wonder companies like Telnum are booming right now!
And it’s not just for businesses. Even individuals who can benefit from VoIP. To get started? All you will need is a VoIP number.
What is a VoIP number?
A VoIP number is just like any phone number. As far as the other end is concerned, it’s just your regular combination of digits – there’s no way to tell the difference.
But there’s one very crucial differentiation: your VoIP number needs your data network in order to make calls.
The good news is even with the bare minimum technical know-how, you’ll be able to use it. You may:
- Plug an IP phone to the LAN to become a part of the VoIP network; or
- Download a software on your device and use your phone as you normally would.
The possibilities are limitless with the VoIP because:
- You have your choice of area codes
- You may get a toll-free number – even if you’re not a huge business that rakes in millions or billions in a year.
- You can use one VoIP number for many devices.
The biggest downside with traditional phones is it only works on a certain type of device. But with using a VoIP, you can choose any gadget – smartphones, IP phones, laptop, computers, and anything that is able to receive and make calls.
The two kinds of VoIP number
Regardless of the type you will get, how it would look like to the call receiver is the same. Still, you must know these two types:
Fixed VoIP number
With a fixed VoIP number, you can’t just get a number from any area code. You must be able to give your provider proof of address before they process your order.
But if this is the case, why does anyone get this type?
- You can still have your old number, so you don’t need to update anyone of any change. Because as far as they’re concerned, nothing’s changed.
- Scammers can’t pretend to be you if you decide to drop the VoIP number. This would lower the risk of any harm to your reputation that comes with a scammer pretending to be you.
Non-fixed VoIP number
You can order a non-fixed VoIP number as easily as getting an item off Amazon. There’s no additional requirement apart from paying from the number that you have to give. It also comes with the following advantages:
- You can get numbers from any place. Even if that area code is half a world away from your physical location, you won’t have any hassle getting one.
- You don’t need to pay for international calls. So you won’t rack up your bill even with long, multiple calls.
Why must you use a VoIP number?
If you’re thinking that having a VoIP number is just a fad, you’re wrong. Along with other communication done through the internet, it’s here to stay. But there are also real benefits to switching to one:
Use any device that you have
This makes it easier for you to be reached or to be called. Also, having this feature makes it convenient for you because you don’t have to reach for any specific device to call.
Use more than one device
You don’t need to get one for every device that you own. One is enough. That’s because you can register all your gadgets and use any of them as you please.
Have all your gadgets ring for an incoming call
There are two ways that this can happen depending on how the system is configured: one device can ring at a time or they can ring simultaneously.
The beauty of this is you won’t have to bring any specific device on you all the time. As long as you have one with you, you’re connected.
Take your number with you wherever you go
If you move to a new office, you will not have to change your number. As long as you have internet connection, you’re good to go.
What’s great about this is you won’t lose customers trying to contact you based on old information. It’s business as usual, regardless of your location.
A VoIP number creates a limitless world by removing restraints on how you communicate. It works exactly like a basic phone number, and it is all very intuitive. And being the cheaper alternative, the real question should be “Why shouldn’t you use it?”
The more superior choice in all respects is definitely a VoIP number.